Although each customer can customize the bookingkit app to fit their needs, there are certain settings that are common for all events in your industry. Here, we will provide you with an overview of preferred settings for you to use that we have gained from our experience at bookingkit with providers of city tours.
- In bookingkit, events can be either booked directly or a request can be submitted. More information can be found here.
- We recommend enabling the setting "Online booking" if you would like to enable guests to make bookings for set tours.
- We recommend enabling "Appointment Request" if you would like to offer custom tours to entire groups.
- For each event, you can define certain highlights. This includes tours highlights and details that set your city tours apart from your competitors. At the same time, you can provide customers with important information about your event via the note feature. We therefore recommend:
- Creating separate price levels, as they allow you to create a differentiated pricing model.
- Price levels of vouchers should be consistent with your other information online. For you, it is clear that.
--> Vouchers should correspond to the tours you offer.
--> Gift vouchers have values that correspond to your prices
3. Defining appointments
- Appointments should be created in a custom manner, depending on the type, design and duration of the event. It may help, however, to
--> Schedule tours that take place regularly and several times a day
--> Plan several tours one after the other.
--> Schedule enough preparation and follow-up time as well as breaks during of the event.
- Under the menu item "Marketing" and the "My Website" tab, you can make changes to a number of useful settings.
The information above is non-binding best practice recommendations that we have gained through many years of practical experience. If these recommendations do not fit your business model and its structure, we will find a solution to match your needs. Simply contact us at email@example.com.