- How do I activate bookingkit?
- GetYourGuide Supplier Reference Code
- GetYourGuide Mapping
- Nice to know
By having an account on GetYourGuide as well as on bookingkit, you can create a "Book now" button on GetYourGuide. All bookings made on GetYourGuide will then conveniently be transferred to bookingkit.
You don't have a GetYourGuide Account yet? Register here: GetYourGuide Supplier Administration
To connect with GetYourGuide, first click "Enable" in your bookingkit app under the Marketing tab for GetYourGuide:
Once enabled, the popup below will appear asking for your Supplier Reference Number and Tour Option IDs (Scroll down for instruction where to find these).
Please note: The field provided in bookingkit only accepts numeric values!
|I don't have a GYG Account yet||I already have a GYG account|
|1. Register with GYG as a supplier||1. Make sure you have created your experiences in GYG and bookingkit|
|2. Create your experiences in GYG||2. Connect your bookingkit and GYG Account by adding your Supplier Reference Number and map your experiences in both accounts.|
|3. Connect your bookingkit and GYG Account by adding your Supplier Reference Number and map your experiences in both accounts.|
Since connecting to GetYourGuide does not involve full integration, every event has to be created individually, you cannot transfer events from the bookingkit app. However, GetYourGuide has a useful knowledge base which provides detailed information on the various steps for creating an event.
Supplier Reference Code
You can find your Supplier Reference Code easily in your GetYourGuide Backend in the upper display bar or under Settings > User Account:
In order to activate the connction between GetYourGuide and bookingkit and to use it properly, you have to link every experience registered in bookingkit with its corresponding counterpart in GetYourGuide, so that availabilities, times and bookings are automatically transferred. For this you have to enter your bookingkit-IDs in your GetYourGuide-Backend for each tour option.
Where to find your bookingkit IDs?
In your bookingkit account you can copy the corresponding bookingkit ID directly in the URL under Experiences, if you open the desired experience in edit mode (simply click on the pen symbol):
By the way: you can also find the bookingkit-ID in the URL directly in the preview of your experiences.
Last step of the mapping: Enter the bookingkit IDs in your GetYourGuide account!
For this you have to follow the following steps:
- Call up your tour options in the GetYourGuide-Backend under 'Manage products'.
- Edit the connectivity settings.
- Select bookingkit as your booking system and enter your bookingkit ID.
We can also send you an overview of all your bookingkit IDs - just write us an e-mail. Of course we can also help you if you have problems with the mapping.
Nice to know
- It is up to you if you want to set different prices in GetYourGuide than in bookingkit and you can make these changes directly in your GetYourGuide account.
- GetYourGuide will take it in account, if you have already negotiated a lower commission with them.
- GetYourGuide accepty a maximum cut-off time (booking lead time) of 10 hours. If you have set a higher amount your experience won't be displayed in GetYourGuide. You can individually set the cut-off time in GetYourGuide. Log in to your account and open a product, go to the 'Options & Pricing' section. Expand an option and scroll down to 'Booking Engine & Cut-off time. Click on edit and select a cut-off time between 0 and 10 hours.
- You have the opportunity to sell a limited amount of places on GetYourGuide by activating the module Quota Management. You can find a tutorial here.
Who can I contact in case I need help?
You can contact GetYourGuide here. Of course, you can also contact us at email@example.com at any time.