Accounts: Book your ordersYou can prepare your accounts with bookingkit. In this guide, we show you where you find which data for your invoicing.
In general, it is important to keep the following bits of information in mind when bookkeeping:
- All types of online payment, with the exception of PayPal, are carried out via our partner bank MangoPay. The online payments land in your MangoPay trustee account under the menu item “Billing”, after deduction of the transaction and booking fee (both already include VAT).
- Payments made via PayPal (if activated) go direct to your PayPal account. Transaction and booking fees are deducted by bookingkit in this case also before the payment is credited.
How many bookings and which bookings did I get last month?If you need a summary of all bookings made within a particular period, you can generate a .csv-file in Excel under “Statistics” > “Export” > “Orders”. There you will find all orders sorted by booking date.
You can find a detailed article on exporting your orders here.
If you want to know for how many people a particular service was provided, then “Services” is the right place. Here you will find everything sorted by date of service.
And you can also export all your vouchers and promotional coupons.
Turnover from vouchers is recorded as “currency swaps”. That means that in terms of VAT they can only be booked when the customer redeems the voucher for a date booked with a date of service. The sum total of vouchers can nevertheless be viewed in advance. You can find this out from the voucher summary in bookingkit directly under “Orders” > “Vouchers”.
If you want to book each invoice individually, we recommend that you export the document archive as a ZIP file. In this you can have all documents for any booking period bundled together.
What is the difference between the summary in “Statistics” and “Billing”?In “Statistics”, all orders are shown, whereas in “Billing”, only those orders are shown which were paid online via MangoPay (all online methods of payment except for PayPal, as PayPal is of course linked directly to your business account).
|Method of payment||Statistics (orders)||Billing (CSV)|
|Cash payment on site||Yes||No|
Escrow account: What actually is a security deposit?The security deposit is made up of 5% of MangoPay online turnover for the last 180 days. The securty desposit is there to ensure that there is a reserve fund in the event of payment challenges by your end customer. You can find out more about this here.
Escrow account: Payout and documentationYou can request a payout from your MangoPay trustee account into your business account at any time. You can find out more about this here. After the payout has been requested by you, you can also download the document as a PDF in the same place.
What does the amount in my trustee account actually comprise?The amount is made up of all payments received (payments in) and payment made (payments out). You can download the individual components here, open them in an Excel file and get the totals generated automatically.
Total in the escrow account = Total of all orders - payouts
In Excel you can do this by pressing the button AutoSum.
Billing: Invoices from bookingkit to you as supplier
Every month you will receive an invoice from bookingkit containing the following charges:
- the basic charge (except on the Basic tariff) - (If you change tariff during the current month, the old and the new tariffs will be calculated automatically to the exact date, and shown separately.)
- the booking fee per ticket (0.50 Euros per participant)
- the transaction charge for online payments
- the PayPal charges
- any commissions for market platforms (if you have activated these)
Everything worth knowing about the invoices that your customers receive from bookingkit, can be found here!