This guide is meant to help you activate PayPal for your bookingkit account. This will add PayPal to your bookingkit checkout and make it possible for customers to make payments via the service.
To start the activation process, enter the following address in your browser:
Log in to your PayPal account. (Make sure you have a PayPal business account) Then proceed to step 1.
- Click on your company profile icon (A)
- Go to "Account settings" (B)
- Proceed to step 2
- On the left-hand side under "My Profile" go to "My selling tools" (A)
- Open the "Selling online" drop-down menu (B)
- Now go to "API access" and click on "Update" (C)
- Proceed to step 3
- Under "Option 1", you can grant API authorization by clicking the corresponding link (A)
- Proceed to step 4
- In order to integrate PayPal into your online shop, you need to grant authorization to third party providers.
- Enter the following line in the field shown (A): mail_api1.bookingkit.de
- Afterwards, click "Lookup" (A). Proceed to step 5.
- In the window that appears, select the following "Available Permissions" from the list:
- "Use Express Checkout to process payments." (A)
- "Issue a refund for a specific transaction.." (B)
- "Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions" (C)
- "Obtain information about a single transaction" (D)
- "Charge an existing customer based on a prior transaction." (E)
- "Create and manage Recurring Payments" (F)
- "Initiate transactions to multiple recipients in a single batch." (G)
- "Use Express Checkout to process mobile payments." (H)
- Confirm your selection by clicking "Add" (I). Finally, proceed to step 6.
The following message will appear: "You have successfully added mail_api1.bookingkit.de". You can now activate PayPal in bookingkit by going to "Settings" > "Moduls" and entering the email address you use for you PayPal account.
Hint: If you want to know how to configure the email notifications for incoming payments, have a look here.