Summary of flexible pricing
- Activate module: extended price levels
- Fix flexible prices in the Experience
- Add new series of dates and assign prices
- Assign flexible prices to existing series of dates
- Assign the flexible prices to the series of dates
As a provider of leisure activities you can now increase your profits with bookingkit’s help through flexible pricing. Along with increased sales, you can also improve your capacity utilisation with this function, and therefore in most cases cover your running costs.
In this article you can find out firstly how to set up flexible pricing and secondly where flexible pricing can increase your turnover.
Activate module: extended price levels
You can activate “Flexible Pricing” UNDER “Settings -> Module
Fix flexible prices in the Experience
You can define the flexible prices directly in the Experience under “Experiences -> Edit”.
How do you set flexible prices when you have a newly defined date?
Add new series of dates and assign prices
Under “Experience” you can now click on “New date”. You can now add the series of dates here, then in step 4 assign prices to the dates.
Assign flexible prices to existing series of dates
You can assign prices directly in the next step:
How do you set flexible prices for an existing defined date?
Assign the flexible prices to the series of dates
If you already have existing dates, then click on the calendar and you can click on a date in the future. If you click here on “Edit series of dates” and then on “Continue”, you can assign the new prices to the dates.
Here you will find examples of situations in which you can use flexible prices:
- Escape Games and Laser days: cheaper prices for unpopular times of the day/weekdays and improve capacity utilisation, let corporate groups book directly at a cheaper price on days with low sales.
- Laser days: Offer cheaper prices on Member Days or Student Days
- Escape Games and Laser days: cheaper prices for high summer and off-peak seasons
- “Jump houses” (trampolining): higher prices during the holidays
- Outdoor activities such as quad bikes, HotRod etc.: cheaper prices for bad-weather days or off-peak seasons
- Cookery schools: offer cheaper prices in summer
- City sight-seeing trips and walking tours: offer lower prices in off-peak seasons
- All sectors:
1. last-minute deals to sell the last places
2. Increase prices on days with high sales figures, eg Easter, Christmas or trade fair days.
3. New Experiences: tours, space, company - set opening offers directly
Previously it was only possible to set flexible prices with several widgets. Now you only need one widget: you have a better overview with just one widget and a calendar.
This also leads to a better conversion rate, as for the customer it is one click less to get to the booking stage with bookingkit.