Increase your turnover with our vouchers!
Did you know that in fact voucher sales make up a large part of turnover for many of our experience providers? And did you also know that it’s child’s play to set up a voucher shop with bookingkit? In this article we tell you everything you need to know about marketing your vouchers successfully and boosting your business significantly:
The exclusive benefits of selling vouchers with bookingkit
What is the most popular gift in Germany? No idea...? Well... it’s Vouchers! If you offer vouchers in addition to your normal business and your experiences, you optimise and increase your potential turnover. Vouchers can be bought at any time of year, and around public holidays sales figures of gift vouchers naturally go up. So, if you provide summer experiences you could, for instance, balance out seasonal fluctuations at Christmas. Below we set out for you briefly and concisely the biggest advantages of selling vouchers through bookingkit:
- You get your money straight away! Vouchers can only be bought in bookingkit through Online Payment and the turnover raised is available to you immediately in your trustee account. There is a good reason why we don’t offer your customers Cash Payment when they buy a voucher - if they paid via Payment on Site, they could use the voucher before they paid, as the voucher is sent directly after payment with the order confirmation.
- You can either sell single purpose or multiple purpose vouchers. No VAT is due with the sales of multiple purpose vouchers! Your customers always buy value vouchers, whether they buy the voucher in your experiences or as a Generic Voucher. This is always what is known as a currency swap, which is not subject to VAT. VAT becomes due only when the voucher is redeemed.
- As you are perhaps aware, the majority of vouchers are never redeemed. This could be the case for 50% of all the vouchers you sell. Money for which you never have to work, and which is made available to you free of VAT!
- With bookingkit you can choose from lots of different designs and even use your own voucher templates. With our Voucher Configurator you can make your voucher business look completely professional, and leave the competition standing.
How do I set up a generic voucher?
First things first: Do you sell single-purpose or multi-purpose vouchers?
If you sell several services or products and the place of delivery of the items or the provision of the services has not yet been determined, you can sell your vouchers free of VAT, which is of course an immense monetary advantage (between 30 % - 50 % of vouchers . If this is not the case, you must sell single purpose vouchers.
Don't worry, you can easily set this up in your bookingkit account under Account > Company Data and also determine the tax rate for the single-purpose vouchers:
On the bills, of course, we made sure that both single-purpose and multi-purpose vouchers are played out correctly! You only have to set it up once.
How to set your voucher shop up:
As you know, two buttons appear for each of your experiences. On the one hand “Purchase Voucher” - here your customer can acquire a voucher for defined price levels at any time - and on the other “Select date” - here your customer chooses from the available Dates and books a binding Date directly.
But what exactly is a generic voucher? Simply: your personal voucher shop with bookingkit! To set this up, you simply add an experience without a defined date so that only the “Purchase Voucher” button is shown. We recommend that you set up your own voucher shop in as prominent a position as possible on your homepage.
And this is how it’s done - in just six easy steps:
- Click under experiences on Create Experience.
- Name the experience, for instance “Voucher” or “Voucher Shop” and add a catchy description such as “The perfect gift for any occasion”. Fix the Category and add a maximum number of participants, e.g. 50 - this makes it possible for your customers to buy several vouchers at once!
3. Define brief highlights – e.g. “Can be redeemed for all our experiences”.
4. Upload an image of your experience - to suit the season, if possible.
5. Set various price levels. Perhaps you are asking yourself now why your customer can’t choose his own voucher values? There are good reasons! End customers generally tend to decide on lower voucher values. Of course, we do recommend that you offer lower as well as higher voucher values, e.g. 20, 50, 100 & 200 Euros.
6. When specifying your prices, you can also set directly whether your customers should also see other values in the checkout. This can be useful if you state the value of your product (e.g. € 27.99) in the regular prices, but also want to offer your customers other standardized values:
Your customers can buy voucher with these values directly in the checkout:
Our easy-to-understand Tutorial will again summarise all the steps:
Embedding the voucher shop in your homepage
Your generic voucher is set up - you now need to link it to your homepage as concisely as possible, so that your voucher shop is seen by as many customers as possible!
First of all you have to obtain the HTML code to embed the generic voucher in bookingkit. Simply log in to your bookingkit account and click on Marketing > My Widgets. Read here on how to integrate widgets on your website.
Now all you have to do is embed your two-digit HTML code in your website. You can read everything about the subject of website integration again here. By the way: there are some really good practical tips about how you can cleverly link the voucher shop to your own homepage in our corresponding blog article.
- To sum up on the subject of vouchers: with our promotional coupons you can launch fantastic promotions and discounts. You can push days with poor uptake, get repeat business from your customers via the After-Sales Email or target particular groups, such as students. In this context, we always recommend also sending a newsletter, such as via free Email service-providers.
- You have probably already heard about our Voucher-Configurator. We cannot emphasise often enough: use this opportunity to personalise your vouchers - your customer loyalty will improve significantly!
- And did you know, in fact, that we basically recommend giving Refunds by voucher?
- If you want to find out more about the differences between the various vouchers in bookingkit, then please click here