GetYourGuide offers a wide selection of events and experiences and is one of the biggest players on the market. Take advantage of the large reach of GetYourGuide, in order to grow your sales and unlock the potential of a new customer base.
How do I activate GetYourGuide in bookingkit?
1. If you do not have a GetYourGuide account yet, please register here first:
You will be required to fill in some basic information about your business and your contact details. Soon after, GetYourGuide will get in touch with you to help you set up your account.
2. Once your GetYourGuide account has been approved, the first step is to activate GetYourGuide directly in your bookingkit account under Reach > Platforms:
3. Since we offer only a partial integration of your bookingkit account with GetYourGuide, each experience you would like to have on GetYourGuide must be created individually, as they are unfortunately not automatically transferred. Don't panic, GetYourGuide has a useful FAQ database that elucidates all the steps you need to take for your offering to be up and running.
4. In order for the synchronization between bookingkit and GetYourGuide to work smoothly and in real-time, you have to link the GetYourGuide experiences with the corresponding counterparts in bookingkit. To do this, you have to enter the bookingkit IDs directly in your GetYourGuide experiences. You can see the experiences ID directly in the URL of the experience when editing it. Alternatively, you can find the ID directly in the URL in the preview of your experiences. We can also send you a list with all IDs, just reach out to us!
5. Connecting your experiences is very simple. Just follow these steps: Go to Products > Manage Products. Choose the activity you want to connect > Edit details. Click on "Options" and select "Edit Option". Click on "Availability" and select bookingkit as your booking system from the drop down list > Enter the ID of your bookingkit experience > Save.
Warning: if you already had a GetYourGuide account you should delete all previous manual availabilities that you created in GetYourGuide. Connecting your products will create all the availabilities that you have in bookingkit. Please also note that your availabilities are synchronised once every 24 hours, to update them repeat step 5 when needed
Keep in mind
You will be notified as soon as your experiences are live on GetYourGuide. If you want to set different prices in GetYourGuide than those in bookingkit, you are of course free to do so and you can make the changes directly in your GetYourGuide account.
GetYourGuide has a maximum booking lead time of 10 hours. If you have set a higher lead time, your experience will not be displayed. You can set your lead time individually in GetYourGuide. To do this, go to 'Options & Pricing' and open an option. Then scroll down to 'Booking Engine & Cut-off time' and click on 'Edit'. Here you can set a booking lead time between 0-10 hours.
You can limit and change the number of spots available in your experiences via GetYourGuide by using the Extended Availability Management module. Here is a step-by-step guide.
Whom can I contact if I need help?
You can reach the colleagues from GetYourGuide here and simply call them under +4930 544 459 44.