The reviews will be displayed in the frontend for your customers, and they can rate you directly on Tripadvisor, Google & Facebook via the After-Sales-Email.
- Why good review management pays off!
- Connect bookingkit with Tripadvisor, Google & Facebook
- Where will the reviews be displayed?
- Here’s something worth knowing
1. Why good review management pays off!
Everyone knows them, everyone reads them and everyone trusts them: ratings on Tripadvisor, Google & Facebook. These reviews not only influence your potential customers, but they also play an important role in SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
Win new customers
Ratings can have a massive impact on the purchasing decisions of your potential customers. Statistics show that this is the case for around 80% of customers. By contrast, only around 6% of people surveyed said that ratings did not influence them at all. So use your positive reviews to win even more customers. Customers trust ratings, and specifically look for them before they decide to purchase.
Increase customer loyalty
If you proactively encourage your customers to leave you a review, you have already taken a major step towards developing your customer relations. Customers who have reviewed you will generally remember you better and the chance that they will come back is significantly higher.
Improve your search engine ranking
Ratings are user-generated content, and are naturally recorded positively by search engines. In a local search in particular, Google reviews count as an important ranking factor, and will help you get more page views and therefore also more bookings. It is also important in this respect that you list your business in Google My Business.
2. Connect bookingkit with Tripadvisor, Google & Facebook
You can link your bookingkit account directly to your ratings on Tripadvisor, Google & Facebook under Marketing > Checkout-Configurations. Simply insert the ID for the relevant account under “My ratings”.
3. Where will the ratings be displayed?
If you have linked your Tripadvisor account with bookingkit, your average rating in Tripadvisor will be displayed directly in the widget:
the other platforms will then also be shown in the detailed view of your widget:
your linked platforms are displayed and linked in the After-Sales-Email. So it is even easier for your end customers to review you.
4. Here’s something worth knowing
- In the detailed view of your widget, only the Tripadvisor ratings are shown directly. Google and Facebook unfortunately do not permit their ratings to be displayed directly on external websites. However, if a customer clicks on “Read more reviews about....” they are forwarded directly to the reviews on the respective platform.
- Smileys and emojis which have been used by your end customers in Tripadvisor reviews unfortunately cannot be displayed. The reason for this is that Tripadvisor does not show these on external platforms.
- We recommend that you revise your After-Sales-Email to suit our new review function. So in future you will not longer have to link separately to Tripadvisor, Google & Facebook, this will happen automatically as part of your After-Sales-Email. You should also ask your customers to leave reviews as soon as possible after the event, otherwise there is a risk that they will not remember the Experience so well. And we have prepared a few further tips for you in our relevant guidelines.
- Of course, there is also a possibility that you could get negative reviews. Before replying, you should check out the criticism first. It is important that you answer quickly and professionally. Thank the customer for their valued feedback and show understanding. You could if you wish also offer the customer a different contact option, not on the review portal, so that you can clarify things in greater detail.
- And by the way: The reviews are of course at Provider level. So you can’t link them at experience level. But you can of course hide the reviews for individual experiences using CSS.